Pain and Suffering

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

With patience, pain may take on a certain quality of brightness. One must cultivate a wholesome relationship with pain to experience profound, unadorned beauty.

Suffering is a cage we create with our own brains and bones.

Dogs don't suffer.

Infants don't suffer.

With just a touch of development, the human brain creates a vision of a past and future which can seem more compelling than the current moment. It is here that we may observe an illusion of our own life that has, and always will be painful. We desperately want to escape, and yet we can not stop staring at it, thinking about it, worrying about it, and suffering.

Suffering is a kind of addiction. We may believe it gives us some degree of control over our pain.  We may try to push the pain away, we may try to nurture the pain, adding wood and carefully tending its flames, we may try to hurt ourselves or others with the pain.  Suffering happens.

Indeed, many of us have matured to this point of trapping ourselves, but not far enough to know how to let go and once again find our freedom.

We may collectively evolve to find this freedom, or we may not; only time will tell.

As for me, right now I am more or less content, as I know I will always have the eternal now in which I may rest and rejuvinate.  In other words, I am allowing death to take its rightful place within me, and its gift is the freedom to be fully alive...

Tomorrow, maybe I will forget, and find myself suffering again....but even then, deep down, I trust that I will sense, and on some level know, that I can, and inevitably will return to the eternal now which is patiently waiting for me, always.

10 Comments to Pain and Suffering:

Anonymous on Saturday, November 7, 2020 6:04 AM
Agra Escorts Akola Escorts Aligarh Escorts Allahabad Escorts Amravati Escorts Amritsar Escorts Bareilly Escorts Belgaum Escorts Bhavnagar Escorts Bhilai Escorts Bhiwandi Escorts Bhopal Escorts Bhubaneswar Escorts Bikaner Escorts Bokaro Escorts Chandigarh Escorts Cuttack Escorts Daman Escorts Dehradun Escorts Durgapur Escorts Erode Escorts Faridabad Escorts Gangtok Escorts Gorakhpur Escorts Gulbarga Escorts Guntur Escorts Guwahati Escorts Gwalior Escorts Howrah Escorts Hubli Escorts Hyderabad Escorts Indore Escorts Itanagar Escorts Jabalpur Escorts Jaipur Escorts Jalandhar Escorts Jhansi Escorts Jodhpur Escorts Kakinada Escorts Kalyan-Dombivali Escorts Kochi Escorts Kolhapur Escorts Kozhikode Escorts Kurnool Escorts Loni Escorts Lucknow Escorts Ludhiana Escorts Madurai Escorts Maheshtala Escorts Malegaon Escorts Mangalore Escorts Meerut Escorts Mysore Escorts Nagpur Escorts Nanded Escorts Nashik Escorts Nellore Escorts Kolkata Escorts Panaji Escorts Patiala Escorts Pimpri-Chinchwad Escorts Port Blair Escorts Raipur Escorts Rajahmundry Escorts Rajkot Escorts Ranchi Escorts Rourkela Escorts Saharanpur Escorts Salem Escorts Sangli Escorts Shillong Escorts Shimla Escorts Siliguri Escorts Silvassa Escorts Solapur Escorts South Dumdum Escorts Sri Ganganagar Escorts Srinagar Escorts Surat Escorts Trivandrum Escorts Udaipur Escorts Ulhasnagar Escorts Vadodara Escorts Varanasi Escorts Vijayawada Escorts Visakhapatnam Escorts Warangal Escorts Vapi Escorts Ujjain Escorts Agartala Escorts Kanpur Escorts Mumbai Escorts Navi Mumbai Escorts Noida Escorts Pune Escorts Ramagundam Escorts Thane Escorts Vasai-Virar Escorts Ahmedabad Escorts Bangalore Escorts Bellary Escorts Chennai Escorts Coimbatore Escorts Delhi Escorts Dhanbad Escorts Dharwad Escorts Gaya Escorts Gurgaon Escorts Jammu Escorts Pathankot Escorts

tech on Thursday, November 12, 2020 10:31 AM
Well we really like to visit this site, many useful information we can get here. casino online

Cleaning office buildings Austin on Friday, November 13, 2020 6:37 AM
Cleaning office Buildings | Small Office Cleaning | Austin, Texas:Whether you work in a small office or shared co-working space, our team of local office cleaners can successfully clean a range of places ranging from small spaces to large buildings.

best wireless router for multiple devices on Saturday, November 14, 2020 6:11 AM
I was very pleased to find this site.I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

go to url on Sunday, November 15, 2020 4:25 PM
Two full thumbs up for this magneficent article of yours. I've really enjoyed reading this article today and I think this might be one of the best article that I've read yet. Please, keep this work going on in the same quality.

Arabic to english translation service on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 8:35 AM
Arabic to English| Spanish to English| Multiple Language Translation Agency:GLS, is a leading 8a certified foreign language translation company, VA, that provides Spanish to English, Arabic to English and multiple other certified language translation services in more than 150 languages

tech on Wednesday, November 18, 2020 9:53 AM
I see some amazingly important and kept up to length of your strength searching for in your on the site mens razor

Buy Gmail Accounts on Saturday, November 21, 2020 5:31 AM
I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it.

tech on Sunday, November 22, 2020 7:40 AM
I feel really happy to have seen your webpage and look forward to so many more entertaining times reading here. Thanks once more for all the details. Glock Handguns

tech on Sunday, November 22, 2020 12:11 PM
The worst part of it was that the software only worked intermittently and the data was not accurate. You obviously canot confront anyone about what you have discovered if the information is not right. Miniature Puppies